About the Contest: The District Horse Show is open to any 4-H member who has validated their horse by May 1st of the current 4-H year (See Horse Validation Information & Deadlines HERE). You can compete in events like western pleasure, hunter under saddle, and barrel racing, to name a few. The District 10 4-H horse show is held each summer.
NEW Changes for the 2022-2023 4-H Year:
- District qualification will be removed; however, for safety reasons, futurity exhibitors must participate in the District 10 4-H Horse Show OR District educational clinic, or other equivalent event where futurity project is present. Participation will be verified by the County Extension Agent on the State 4-H Horse Show entry form.
- Ownership Requirement Amendment: Lease horses will be allowed. Official Texas 4-H Horse Lease agreement must be signed by the exhibitor, horse owner, and County Extension Agent (Download Texas 4-H Horse Lease Agreement HERE). Lease period must include, at minimum, May 1st to August 31st of the current 4-H Year. The lease form must be uploaded to 4HOnline at validation. The objective in allowing lease horses is to make the show more inclusive for young horse enthusiasts who may not have the opportunity for horse ownership yet.
2023 District 10 4-H Horse Show Event Details:
- Event Date: June 14-15, 2023
- Location: Dripping Springs Ranch Park & Event Center (1042 Event Center Drive, Dipping Springs, TX 78620)
- Registration Period: May 1 – 16, 2023 on 4HOnline
- Horse Validation Period: March 1 – May 1, 2023 on 4HOnline. *Horses MUST be validated to compete in District/State level Horse Shows.
2023 District 10 4-H Horse Show Paperwork
- 2023 District 10 Horse Show Guide*Coming Soon
- 2023 District 10 4-H Horse Show Waiver *Coming Soon
- 2023 Validation Information: DOWNLOAD PDF
2023 State 4-H Horse Show Information:
- Event Date: July 23-28, 2023
- Location: Brazos County Expo in Bryan, TX
- Registration Period: State 4-H Horse Show Registration will be open earlier beginning May 1st and close July 1st, 2023.
- State Website: https://texas4-h.tamu.edu/events/horse/