WHAT DISTRICT 10 4-H CONTESTS ARE OFFERED AT THE
SAN ANTONIO STOCK SHOW?
The following District 10 4-H Roundup contests will be hosted at the San Antonio Stock Show this year: Horse Judging & Consumer Decision Making. **All 4-H members must have submitted Stock Show entry forms/fees for the San Antonio Stock Show to their County Office to compete in these District 10 4-H contest qualifiers. **
These Judging contests are designed for teams of three or four youth in the same age division to demonstrate their skills in evaluation and observation. Youth use the knowledge and skills they have about the subject matter to place the class from best to worst. Youth also develop public speaking skills through learning how to present reasons on why they placed a class as they did.
MEMBERSHIP & AGE DIVISIONS
Participants must be 4-H members currently enrolled on 4HOnline and belong to a Texas 4-H Youth Development County program. There are three age divisions for competition as outlined below. 4-H members’ division is determined by their grade level by Aug. 31, 2022.
- Junior: 3rd (and 8 yrs. old) – 5th Grade
- Intermediate: Grades 6th – 8th
- Senior: Grades 9th – 12th (and not passed 18 yrs. old)
Note: Juniors may move up to the Intermediate age division when participating on an intermediate team. Intermediates/Seniors may NOT move up or down to a different age division. Additionally, S.A.L.E. Teams are designated by age. Therefore, their team designations may differ from 4-H. However, District 10 4-H Awards will be based on grade level like any other 4-H contest.
HOW TO REGISTER:
Registration on 4HOnline (v2.4honline.com). Please reference the Event Registration instructions here: DOWNLOAD
- Regular Registration Period: $15 per contestant entered – Jan. 2 – Jan. 17, 2023 (DEADLINE)
- Late Registration: $40 per contestant entered – Jan. 18 – 20, 2023 FINAL LATE DEADLINE
CONTEST GUIDE & SCHEDULE:
2022-2023 District 10 4-H S.A.L.E. Contest Guide & Schedule
2022-2023 District 10 4-H Horse Judging at S.A.L.E.
- Date: Monday, February 13, 2023
- Location: Freeman Coliseum
- 7:30AM – Registration Begins
- 8:30AM – Contest Begins
2022-2023 District 10 4-H Consumer Decision Making at S.A.L.E.
- Date: Saturday, February 18, 2023
- Location: Headquarters (HDQTRS)
- 8:00AM – Registration Begins
- 9:00AM – Contest Begins